Freedom Transportation Guidelines
Freedom Transportation Guidelines for Parents
Doors open at 8:05 AM – no earlier due to supervision
3:05 Walkers and Daycare (other than Latch Key) dismissed to designated area in building
3:05 The first two groups of car rider students will be called to be dismissed to the front of the building - we will begin to load cars as soon as possible and cars will be dismissed once a full line is loaded.
3:05 Bus riders dismissed to playground.
3:15 Buses will be released from the playground to the front parking lot to exit onto Beckett Ridge Blvd.
IF YOUR CHILD WILL BE WALKING…
Due to traffic concerns on Beckett Ridge Boulevard, it is recommended that students are accompanied by a parent/adult. Administration prefers that students not ride bikes to school due to safety issues associated with the location of Freedom, however there is a bike rack in the back if that is necessary.
- Doors to the building will open for students at 8:05AM – no earlier due to supervision
- For walkers from the north side of the boulevard – students should congregate across the street from the school at the east side of the building to use the designated cross walk. We will have a staff member that will assist the students as they cross the boulevard. Students are not to cross without the assistance of a staff member.
- For walkers from the south side of the building (Point of Beckett/Cherry Lane Farms, etc. – students should congregate by the sign to the nature trail and wait for an adult to direct them to the entrance by the playground.
- After entering the building, walkers will report to the gymnasium.
- Walkers will be dismissed to a designated spot in the building for dismissal – North of the Boulevard Walkers – front doors; South Side of Building Walkers – by the art room and walk the trail. NOTE: We will no longer cross students over Eagle Ridge to walk down the hill
- Students will be escorted to the edge of Freedom’s property.
- Students will cross Beckett Ridge Blvd at approximately 3:15. (After busses have been released)
IF YOUR CHILD WILL BE RIDING A BUS…
If your family has bus service, it is highly recommended that your child(ren) ride the bus to and from school so that we can better accommodate those families that do not have bus service. NOTE: NO BUS CHANGES WILL BE ALLOWED THIS YEAR to ride with a friend or to another residence.
Please check Lakotaonline/HAC to confirm your bus information.
- Buses will enter the west (cul-de-sac) drive and will unload students on the playground.
- Buses will load on the playground.
- Buses will depart Freedom by 3:15 PM.
IF YOUR CHILD WILL BE A CAR RIDER…
- PLEASE DO NOT USE YOUR CELL PHONE FOR PHONE CALLS OR TEXTING WHILE IN THE FREEDOM PARKING LOT DURING DROP-OFF AND PICK-UP
- PLEASE DO NOT WAVE AT THE STUDENTS THAT ARE WAITING – YOUR ATTENTION IS DIVERTED FROM DRIVING
- PLEASE PLACE YOUR VEHICLE IN PARK WHILE IN THE DROP-OFF AND PICK-UP LANE
- Traffic will enter the east (main) lot from the left side for drop-off and pick-up
- Traffic will enter in two lanes
- Traffic will remain in two lanes until vehicles approach the curve near the playground
- Traffic will then merge into one lane for loading of students
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- Students can be dropped off and picked up from the single traffic lane next to the curb/sidewalk ONLY. For safety reasons please have all students travel to and from school in the back seats of your vehicle.
- DO NOT allow your child to exit your vehicle outside of the designated pick-up/drop-off area. And especially not from the boulevard!
- Parents SHOULD NOT pull into a marked parking space to drop off or pick up students. We do not want parents or children walking through traffic in the parking lot during drop-off or pick-up times.
- Families, children and carpools will be assigned an ID number. This number system is important to make sure your child has permission to ride home with the person picking them up. Whoever is taking your child home from school MUST display the Freedom Driver ID Card in the car’s front window (preferably on the driver’s side or middle). Once you are in the single lane for pick-up, your child/family/carpool number will be called for your child(ren) to report to your vehicle. If someone comes to pick up your child(ren) and does not have a Freedom ID Card displayed, they may be detained or have to circle around and wait until all traffic has been dismissed to ensure they have permission to take your child.
- When dropping off or picking up, you must wait until the entire line of cars is dismissed before leaving the area. DO NOT pull out and go around others that are dropping off or picking up children!
- Students who are being picked up will be dismissed by their family number. Individual student names WILL NOT be announced over the PA system.
- Doors to the building will open at 8:05AM – no earlier due to supervision
- Students MAY NOT be dropped off until staff members are ready to receive them. Please do not unload students until you have been given a signal to do so.
- For safety reasons, all students must be dropped off on the curb in the east (main) lot. Students should exit the vehicle on the driver’s side, so please make sure students ride in the back seats of your vehicle.
- Parents SHOULD NOT pull into a marked spot to drop off students – we do not want students or parents crossing traffic to come into the building.
- Please do not leave your car unattended
- After unloading your child(ren), you must wait in the traffic line until the entire line is dismissed
- Any student arriving after 8:20 in the morning will need to be escorted into the office to be signed in as tardy.
- Other students who are being picked up must send a note to school or call or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by 2:00 PM on the day of pick up.
- Parents should remain in their vehicle.
- For safety reasons, all students must be picked up on the curb in the east (main) parking lot.
- Cars will be directed to leave the lot once students are secured in the pick-up zone. Traffic will be stopped momentarily between 3:10 and 3:15 to allow buses to pull out.
- All students MUST be picked up by 3:20. There will be no supervision after that time. If you arrive to pick up your child after 3:20, please park and come into the office to sign your child out. At 3:20 we will begin to call contacts on the Transportation/Child Care Information Form to pick-up your child(ren).